Beginning in preschool, CVA engages students in a variety of subjects that broaden their knowledge and awareness while developing social and critical thinking skills.
We are proud to incorporate the following faith-based curriculums in our programs:
Students at Christian Village Academy will have experience in learning language, writing, spelling, and reading. Each student will:
- Learn to express themselves in various ways including verbal and written avenues.
- Learn to listen, speak, read, and write at their appropriate age level.
- Learn to solve problems, share information, play with language, communicate ideas, and much more!
Beginning in the preschool program, students further their understanding of mathematics through exploration. Each student will:
- Recognize, count, and write numbers on a daily basis.
- Use mathematics to solve problems.
- Learn very basic mathematical concepts.
Children have a natural curiosity about the world that surrounds them. The goals of the preschool science program revolve around encouraging that curiosity while providing direction. Each student will:
- Make meaningful connections between the earth and its inhabitants.
- Explore the properties of the earth, like soil and rock.
- Explore the world as it pertains to sight, sound, smell, taste, and texture.
Students at this age level are just beginning to understand their roles and responsibilities as a young boy or girl. The social studies program is designed to expand that understanding as it relates to small groups, the community, our country, and the world. Each student will:
- Develop a basic understanding of the world through maps and globes.
- Learn to work together with other students in a social and educational setting.
- Learn to understand and respect different cultures and their heritage.